4/03/2009

So Shy??

I had my first real parent/teacher conference at Landon's school this week. The teacher said Landon was doing great and was developmentally right where he should be and even advanced in some areas! Of course, I already knew that. It also appears that he might be left-handed. I kinda had a feeling that would be the case. Still too early to really tell I think. What surprised me the most was when she said that he is "so shy". My child...shy?? I guess I have noticed this from time to time but I didn't realize he was that shy. She said he doesn't like to get in front of the class and share stories or sing, etc. I probably should have figured that out from the past couple of Christmas programs. He is so like me in so many ways it amazes me but this most definately is not something he gets from me. (No comments from the peanut gallery, please!) Ok, so this really isn't that bad but it bothers me a bit. I want Landon to play sports and experience many other things that I fear shyness may hinder him from doing. I know he has good friends at school and is very happy there but being shy isn't the best way to meet new people, is it?? So, I'm working on it and hope that at the next parent/teacher conference she says he is not "so shy".

No comments: