6/23/2008

32nd Birthday Bliss!

Lauren and I - Girls' Night Out!
Aimee and I -Birthday Brownie!
WOW!!! I feel so loved! Yes, today is my 32nd birthday and it seems like the older I get the less I look forward to my birthday. However, this birthday has been absolutely wonderful. Thank you so much for the birthday wishes from everyone. I have received so many phone calls, cards, e-mails and visits wishing me a Happy Birthday! I'm overwhelmed by how much my friends and family care.
My birthday celebration started on Saturday with a girls night out with my good friend Lauren. She treated me to great Mexican food and then we saw a great "girlfriends" movie. It was wonderful and I'm looking forward to our next girls night out. Of course, we missed Cathy but in some ways she was there too.

Sunday I went to one of my good friend Tiffany's daughter's 10th birthday party. Nothing like a kids birthday party to make you feel young again and I even got serenaded myself. (Landon also enjoyed himself!)

Today I was bombarded with "Happy Birthdays" starting at work. Numerous phone calls, e-mails and gifts, oh my! My best friend, Holley called me frst thing this morning all the way from Minnesota. I even got a gift all the way from Honduras from Cathy & Ken. Cathy knows me so well... she got me a turtle made of solid pewter and the shell is made of Lanca which is only found in Central/Latin America. It is beautfiul and I love it! Then my good friend Aimee surprised me at work with a brownie cake complete with candles! Mmmm Mmmm good! (By the way, if you ever need a pet sitter Aimee is awesome. Visit her web site at
http://www.aimeesanimalmagnetism.com/.)
And I get to continue the celebration this weekend at my dear friend Missy's house with a BBQ! I can't wait!

So, THANK YOU, from the bottom of my heart. Thank you for making me feel special on my birthday. I am so lucky to be surrounded by true friends who care so much. I love you all so much!

****UPDATE****: More gifts.... My friend Michele gave me a gift card to my favorite store - Target! And a couple of my friends at work also got me a gift card to another one of my favorites - Starbucks! (Thanks fellas!) To top it all off, Landon got me a very sweet birthday card (Thanks Greg). And he told me over and over "Happy Birthday Mommy!" It just doesn't get any better than that!


No comments: