9/29/2008

Pumpkins & Aunt Miche


On Friday Landon, Gi Gi and I decorated a couple of pumpkins. Well, Landon actually did most of the decorating. It wasn't a traditional carving of a pumpkin. I found these neat little face pieces that you can stick in the pumpkin to make funny characters. Landon loved it!!! And there was no carving and no mess and I'm guessing the pumpkin will last a whole lot longer. And I got 6 different faces for about $6. You can't beat that! We only had two pumpkins but Landon made several different faces and did it over and over again. Then Friday evening we headed over to Landon's Godparent's house to see Tommy, Aunt Miche and her friend Carrie. Miche and her friend drove down from Birmingham for the weekend and they couldn't have picked a better weekend. The weather was absolutely perfect. Landon couldn't wait to see all of them but he did miss Aunt Barbie as she had to go to a high school football game in Gulf Breeze so she wasn't able to join us. The moment he got out of the car he ran to Tommy and gave him a big hug and did the same when he saw Miche. He also really liked her friend Carrie. After all, she gave him Cheez Its! So, we got to sit on the deck and watch an absolutely beautfiul sunset and catch up. Landon and I both really enjoyed it, as we always do when Miche is around. Then Saturday, Landon went to his Daddy's house for the remainder of the weekend. That's right, I had a Saturday night off. So I went back over to see Miche and we watched some good college football. I say it was good because 1.) Florida lost to Ole Miss (ahhh.. I hate that!) 2.) Florida State beat Colorado State despite being the underdog and 3.) I got to watch it with Miche! I love watching college football with someone who loves it as much as I do! So we watched Alabama spank Georgia and couldn't believe it! The food was awesome as usual. Tommy never cooks anything that has ever tasted bad. He is a great cook!

And in a few short weeks Miche will be joining us for vacation (Yes, I'm actually going on a vacation!!!) in Disney World. We can't wait!

No comments: