9/07/2008

Way to go 'Noles! 69-0

The wait is finally over... after a brief weather delay Seminole Football has begun. And what a beginning it was. After the past few years, I wasn't quite sure what to expect but the Noles looked pretty good, especially Quarterback Christian Ponder, in their 69-0 win over Western Carolina. Maybe we are onto something???? I certainly hope so! My brother was able to go to the game (go figure, I'm the alum and he gets to go to more games than I do!) and he was giving me the play-by-play via phone. Now granted, Western Carolina isn't exaclty a stellar opponent but it is still an impressive win. Our first real test will come in about two weeks when we host Wake Forest. The Wake/FSU rivalry has always been a special one for me since my best friend played football there and no matter how the teams are ranked we love to claim victory. He has been the one doing the bragging the past couple of years. So, we'll see who gets to make the first phone call this year. Way to go 'Noles and lets hope for more of the same for the remainder of the season! GO 'NOLES!

No comments: