9/02/2008

Weekend Adventures

Another fun filled weekend:

SATURDAY

Landon and I went to Big Kahuna's Waterpark in Destin since we have season passes and they close for the season on September 8. We never were able to get out there due to weather, work, etc. But we went on Saturday and had the best time! (Sorry, I wasn't able to take my camera so there are no pics.) We got there when they opened and were there for 3 hours which was more than enough. We started out at the wave pool. I put a life jacket on Landon and we ventured in and soon he was asking to float all by himself in the big waves. Then it was off the the "Bombs Away Bay" which is a huge kid-friendly shallow pool filled with slides. He loved it! We also took several rides on the lazy river. Landon loved floating with me in the tube around the park, and especially around the waterfall. So, I do beleive we will be going back again this Saturday since it is our last chance for the season.

As if Big Kahuna's wasn't enough we came home for just a tiny bit of rest and then it was off to Cousin Ashley's birthday party at Liza Jackson Park. it was fun but my goodness it was HOT!

Then Landon went to his Dad's house Saturday evening and I'm sure he was as exhausted as I was and crashed early.

Blowing Bubbles with Natalie

Playing Ball with Robert

Birthday Girl Ashley

SUNDAY

On Sunday afternoon I drove to Pace to my friend Dominic's house for a get together. The weather was perfect for sitting on the porch and the company was excellent. I got to see several people that I don't get to see very often, including my friend Mike whom I miss dearly. He is absolutely hilarious and was the life of the party. And there is nothing quite like watching a group of law enforcement officers play a manly game of wiffle ball. It was quite entertaining!


1 comment:

Lauren said...

aww, sounds like you had a great time! i miss those guys.